Team DRB: A commitment to do one thing to help the environment
We do our part to keep the planet clean, green, and healthy.
Do One Thing
DRB Capital team members care about the environment, and we do our part to keep the planet clean, green, and healthy.
One of our team members demonstrated a commitment to do one thing to help the environment by taking his family out to plant some trees in honor of Arbor Day 2019.
What is Arbor Day?
Arbor Day is typically observed in the spring when planting conditions are ideal, but this date is highly dependent on weather. This year’s date for Arbor Day was Friday, April 26th, 2019. Many countries around the world observe this holiday; in addition to the United States, some of the countries that also observe Arbor Day include Australia, Brazil, China, India, Japan, and Mexico. In the United States, the first observed Arbor Day was on April 10, 1872 in Nebraska City, Nebraska, when approximately one million trees were planted throughout the state.
The Importance of Planting Trees
Whether it’s on Arbor Day or any other day during the year (weather permitting), planting a tree is a great way to help the environment. Some of the many benefits of tree planting includes improved air quality, soil preservation, wildlife support, and more. At first glance, planting a single tree may not seem like a significant contribution, but imagine the impact if everyone did their part and took the time to plant just one tree each year. Collectively, the difference can be huge. At DRB, we look forward to taking part in this special day for years to come.
Did You Know?
Did you know that Americans throw away an estimated 25 billion (with a “B”!) Styrofoam cups every year? That’s around 82 cups per person! 80% of those cups ends up in landfills, and much of the remaining 20% ends up in our waterways. At DRB Capital we have decided to abandon the use of Styrofoam cups in our break room, and instead give each employee their own insulated thermos. We are all happy to do our part to help the environment in any way we can.
Looking for a new opportunity?
Exciting things are always happening here at DRB Capital, and if you enjoy giving back and donating your time for a good cause, you may very well just be a perfect fit for our team. Learn more about the current openings we have available and submit a resume for consideration.
Ready to Advance Your Career?
As we prepare to return to work, it’s important to understand these principles and to follow the guidance that the CDC has provided. Here’s how TeamDRB is helping to keep us safe. Watch our Team DRB: Safety First! Video. Watch video here.
If you are a resident of the European Union or the United Kingdom, DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
DRB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please note, benefits may change.
If you are using a screen reader and are having problems using this website, please call (800) 717-1000 or email email@example.com
©2021 DRB Capital, LLC. DRB Capital and the circular logo is a trademark of DRB Capital, LLC.